- 1 Top Depilatory Creams
- 2 What Makes A Depilatory Cream Good?
- 3 Best Depilatory Cream Comparison Chart
- 4 Wrap Up
Depilatory cream offers one of the simplest ways of getting rid of the unwanted hair on your body. There are many types of depilatory creams, each better suited for one task or another.
In the following article, we review the best depilatory cream products currently available on the market. In our depilatory cream reviews, you will find valuable information on how to use the cream for the best results.
Further, in the article, we explain how to differentiate between good and bad depilatory creams, and how to use them safely.
- Liberex Premium Depilatory Cream
- PRICE $$
- Size : 3.5 oz
- Ingredients : Aloe Vera and Sweet Almond Milk
- Nad’s Men Depilatory Cream
- PRICE $$
- Size : 6.8 oz
- Ingredients : Aloe Vera
- Surgi-Cream Face Depilatory Cream
- PRICE $$$
- Size : 1-Ounce Tubes (Pack of 3)
- Ingredients : Extracts of papaya, citrus and olive
- Veet Men Depilatory Cream
- PRICE $$$
- Size : 200ml
- Ingredients : Aqua, Urea, Cetearyl Alcohol, Potassium Thioglycolate, Calcium Hydroxide
- Veet Depilatory Cream, Sensitive Formula
- PRICE $$
- Size : 13.5 oz
- Ingredients : Aloe Vera and Vitamin E
Top Depilatory Creams
1. Liberex Premium Depilatory CreamIf you want to remove any unwanted hairs without having to use expensive tools or creams, you should try the Liberex depilatory cream. This cream is very easy to use, and you don’t have to use anything that didn’t come in the same box with it.
To make sure you don’t have an allergic reaction to any of the cream’s ingredients, you should do an allergy test on a small area of the back of your hand before trying it on more sensitive areas. Make sure you don’t apply the depilatory cream on the inflamed or damaged skin.
The cream safe to use, and removes the hair close to the root, so your skin will remain smooth and hairless for a long time.
- Doesn’t Burn – Unlike other depilatory creams currently available on the market, this product doesn’t produce a burning sensation when it’s removing the hair. This makes it suitable for people with sensitive skin as well.
- Could Smell Better – While this depilatory cream doesn’t smell bad, the odor could be improved
2. Nad’s Men Depilatory CreamNad’s depilatory cream was specially developed with men in mind. This cream is fast-working, and it will remove even the most coarsest hairs in about 4 minutes. The cream comes in small packages, so you can easily take them with you when you leave town for business or pleasure.
This depilatory cream is suitable for arms, legs, back, and chest hair, and you can even use it in the groin area. Even though the cream is suitable for most people, some might experience allergic reactions. It would be better to test the cream on a small area on your hand before applying it on a larger surface.
The cream does not produce a chemical burn sensation if you respect the indications, and it actually manages to smell good.
- Smooth Skin – This depilatory cream leaves your skin nice and smooth, even on the surfaces with coarser hair. The process is smooth and fast, and it only takes minutes from start to finish.
- Not Good For Longer Hair – While the cream works magic on small and short hair, it doesn’t work well with longer one. You should use a trimmer or a scissor to shorten the hair before using the cream
3. Surgi-Cream Face Depilatory CreamOne of the problems most depilatory creams have is that they’re not suitable to be used on your face. Well, the folk at Surgi-Cream developed a depilatory cream with exactly this purpose in mind.
This depilatory cream comes in a 1-ounce tube, and the best deal you can find is to buy a pack of three. The cream has a pleasant fresh smell and leaves your face smooth after the hair removal.
The cream is very gentle, and it does not produce a burning sensation if you follow the manufacturer’s indications. Make sure you don’t apply the cream on the damaged or irritated skin.
- Soothing Cream – Besides the depilatory cream, the pack contains a free tube of smoothing cream. This cream can be applied directly to the skin after the hair removal, and it will lower the chances of developing an irritation, even if you have sensitive skin.
- Not Consistent – Some customers complained that the results they get from using the cream are not consistent, even though they use it on the same area. To make sure your results are consistent, use a timer to know precisely when to remove the cream
4. Veet Men Depilatory CreamThe depilatory cream produced by Veet was specially designed for the male body. This cream is suitable for every hairy surface, from armpits to legs, arms, stomach, back, or groin.
This depilatory cream comes in the form of a gel, so it’s very easy to spread where you need it. Once you apply the gel, you should not wait for longer than 6 minutes for it to work, as the manufacturer’s instructions state. After removing the hair, your skin will be smooth, and it will have a refreshing feel.
The cream produces a slight warming sensation, but it shouldn’t escalate to a burning one if you respect the manufacturer’s instructions. To make sure you’re not allergic to the shaving cream, you should test it on a small area before applying it on a larger surface.
- Fast Working – This depilatory cream works fast, so you will complete the hair removing process quickly.
- Doesn’t Remove Long Hairs – The depilatory cream doesn’t remove long hairs, so you should use scissors or a trimmer to shorten them before applying
5. Veet Depilatory Cream, Sensitive FormulaThis depilatory cream produced by Veet has a sensitive formula, so it will be better suited for people with sensitive skin or to use on a sensitive area. The cream comes in a 13.5 oz container, and the best deal available is to buy three of them.
This cream comes as a gel, and it’s very easy to spread onto your skin. Once the gel is applied on your skin, it will remove the hair closer to the root than a razor, so your skin will look smoother for longer.
Thanks to its sensitive formula, this depilatory cream can be used with good results in highly sensitive areas, such as the bikini line, the armpits, but it’s not recommended for facial hair.
- Great Results – This depilatory cream will remove all the hair on your arms and legs smoothly. However, the manufacturer doesn’t recommend using it in your private areas. The cream is suitable for both men and women.
- Can Produce A Burning Sensation – The cream can produce a burning sensation if you leave it on for too long. Respect the manufacturer’s instructions if you want to avoid this sensation
What Makes A Depilatory Cream Good?
All depilatory creams are the same, right? Well, that couldn’t be further from the truth. All depilatory creams might work in a similar way, but there are certain differences between them. Some of them are better suited for sensitive areas, while others work best if you use it on large surfaces. But how can you tell which is the best depilatory cream for your needs? In the following section, we explain how to find the right cream for every task.
The first thing you have to think about when you’re buying depilatory cream is how you’re most likely to use it.
- Whole Body Creams – Some creams are advertised as well suited for your whole body. This might apply for some of them, but you should be careful. Only a handful of creams can be applied on both your arms and your bikini area without provoking an irritation.
When manufacturers advertise their depilatory creams as being suitable for the whole body, they most likely mean you can use them on your arms, legs, torso, abdomen, and back. You shouldn’t use such creams on your armpits or groin without checking with the manufacturer’s instructions first, to see if that’s advisable. You should never use such creams on your face unless the manufacturer clearly states it’s alright to do so.
- Sensitive Creams – Sensitive creams are better suited for people who have sensitive skin, or for those who plan on using the cream on sensitive areas such as the armpits or groin. These depilatory creams are not so aggressive as other models, and they’re better for the skin. Still, if you developed a rash after using another depilatory cream, you should still apply the sensitive model on a small surface on an arm or a leg before you apply it on a sensitive area.
These creams can be used for most of the body, and they might be better suited for your chest and back hair than other models. You can use them on your armpits and bikini areas if the manufacturer’s instructions specify this is OK.
You shouldn’t use this type of creams on your face unless it’s clearly stated it’s alright to do so by the manufacturer.
- Face Creams – Face depilatory creams are the least aggressive type of depilatory creams there is. They are user-friendly, and they’re very soft on your skin. These creams are suitable to remove hair from your cheeks, neckline, or mustache. They might be better at these tasks than tweezers and razors, but you should still be careful when you’re using them. Make sure you test the cream on your hand or leg first so you won’t develop an allergic reaction to it. Only after you’re sure no allergic reaction will appear should you apply the creams on your face.
This type of creams usually has soothing agents that will make your face feel nice after the hair removal process. Most of them contain ingredients such as Aloe Vera that will lower the chances of developing a rash.
You should choose a certain type of depilatory cream depending on the area you’re targeting.
Hair Removal Surface
You might be wondering if there’s any point in buying different types of depilatory creams if most of them work in a similar fashion. Well, it’s true that a sensitive depilatory cream will remove the hair from your arms and legs just as well as a whole body product, but you should also think about the total price of the hair removal process.
Sensitive creams are usually more expensive than whole body creams but are cheaper than the face creams. The price difference is justified by the ingredients the manufacturer can use in such creams. All the ingredients are less aggressive, and they will not burn your hair as rough as the those in the other types of cream.
The larger the surface you wish to use the cream for, the better it is to find a suitable cream.
- Women VS Men Depilatory Creams. What’s The Difference?
If you went through our list of short reviews, you might have noticed that some products are specially advertised as being better suited for men, and others as being better suited for women. So what’s the difference between the two types of depilatory creams?
Well, the truth is, this is just a marketing technique. The depilatory creams will work in a similar way for both men and women, and in most cases, you will be able to find both genders commenting on the product’s efficiency.
One of the differences you might notice when you buy a gender-specific depilatory cream is the smell. The creams that are advertised for men tend to have a fresher odor, while those advertised for women tend to have a more floral smell.
There is, however, one product that’s specifically designed for a single gender, and that’s the face cream. This type of cream is not suited for men’s coarse facial hair, and it won’t remove the hair in a beard or a mustache. It will remove the thin hairs from a woman’s mustache, but it won’t work on men’s.
- How To Use A Depilatory Cream Safely
If you’ve been looking online for a depilatory cream, you might have noticed there are a lot of people who complain about the burning sensation they experienced when applying this type of cream. Well, in the following section we will explain how to remove your hair using a depilatory cream safely.
- The first thing you should know is that you don’t need to shower before you use the depilatory cream. In fact, some manufacturers specifically state in their instructions that you should use the cream before showering. The reason behind this is that the oils your body naturally produces were taken into account when the manufacturer developed the cream’s formula. The oils will act as a natural barrier between the skin and the cream, and it will make the cream adhere to the hair follicles.
- You should never use the depilatory cream directly on a large area. It would be better if you tested the cream on a small patch of hair on the back of your hand or on your leg, somewhere it won’t be easily visible. Apply the cream and wait for the recommended period before you use the spatula to remove the hair. Rinse the area and wait for up to 30 minutes to see how your skin behaves. If the test area looks normal, it’s not swollen, itchy, or red, you should continue with applying the cream on a larger surface.
- Don’t apply the cream on a very large surface. Take into account the amount of time you’re going to lose while removing the cream. If you apply the cream on a very large surface, a considerable amount of time will pass until you’ll remove all the cream. This amount of time might be longer than what the manufacturer recommends, so you might experience a burning sensation. In some cases, you might even develop a rash.
You don’t need to rush the process. Apply the cream on a small area, remove it, apply it again on another area. Repeat the process until all the hair you wish to get rid of is removed.
- Always respect the manufacturer’s instructions. These instructions not only refer to the amount of time you should wait for the depilatory cream to work, but to the regions you’re allowed to use it as well. You should not use the cream on a surface it’s not meant for. This can lead to rashes, inflammation, redness, and itchiness.
You should never use a depilatory cream directly on your face unless the manufacturer directly states it’s supposed to be used that way. The skin on your face is much more sensitive than the one on the rest of your body, even more, sensitive than the one on your armpits or belly. Applying rough depilatory cream on your face can lead to swelling and rashes, and you will have a hard time dealing with the burning sensation.
- Leave the depilatory cream in its original container. Even if you accidentally push more cream than you need, don’t try to store it in another container. This can lead to the cream’s deterioration, and it can alter its properties in time, making it unsuitable for use.
- Advantages Of Using Depilatory Cream
- Smooth Skin – One of the advantages of using depilatory creams is that it leaves your skin nice and smooth. Unlike a razor that leaves your skin smooth only for a short while, the depilatory cream will maintain this smoothness over a longer period of time.
- Slower Hair Growth – Most people believe that depilatory cream delays your hair from growing for a period of time. While this is not true, you might wait a long time until you notice your hair growing again. This is because the cream burns your hairs, but it does it closer to the root. The razor will only cut the hair, and it will cut it as it exits the skin. The cream will burn the hair right underneath the skin, so it will take longer for the hair to rise above the skin and become visible.
- Decently Priced – The depilatory cream is not as expensive as a trimmer or an epilator. It is actually slightly cheaper than a decent razor you could trust to do its job. This makes the depilatory cream one of the cheapest ways to get rid of unwanted hair.
- Easy To Use – Depilatory creams are fairly easy to use. You just have to spread them over the hairy surface, wait for the recommended amount of time, and remove it. Removing hair cannot be easier. Once the cream starts working, you only have to use the provided spatula to wipe it down.
- Low Injury Chances – If you respect the manufacturer’s instructions and you test the cream so you’re sure you’re not allergic to any of its ingredients, the chance of developing a rash or injuring yourself are very slim. You don’t risk cutting or nicking your skin, and there are no chances of your hair getting pulled.
Best Depilatory Cream Comparison Chart
|Liberex Premium Depilatory Cream||$$||3.5 oz||Aloe Vera / Sweet Almond Oil|
|Nad’s Men Depilatory Cream||$$||6.8 oz||Aloe Vera|
|Surgi-Cream Face Depilatory Cream||$$$||1-Ounce Tubes (Pack of 3)||Extracts of papaya, citrus and olive|
|Veet Men Depilatory Cream||$$$||200ml||Aqua, Urea, Cetearyl Alcohol, Potassium Thioglycolate, Calcium Hydroxide|
|Veet Depilatory Cream, Sensitive Formula||$$||13.5 oz||Aloe Vera and Vitamin E|
We’re certain that after reading our depilatory cream reviews, you are now able to tell which product is better suited for your needs. Keep in mind that the best depilatory cream is not the most expensive one, it’s the one that will target exactly the area you wish to remove hair from.
If you want to use a depilatory cream safely, you should read our short instructions. These creams are not difficult to use, but you should always check with the manufacturer’s instructions just to make sure you’re on the safe side.