- 1 Top Facial Wax Strips
- 2 Why Should You Use Facial Wax Strips?
- 3 How Can You Find An Efficient Facial Wax Strip?
- 4 Best Facial Wax Strips Comparison Chart
- 5 Wrap Up
Waxing is one of the most efficient ways of getting rid of the hair on your face. Even though the waxing process can be painful at first, the results are better than the ones offered by other hair removing techniques.
But did you know that you might have to wax your facial hair only once every 6 weeks?
In the following article, we review the best facial wax strips currently available on the market. These strips will not only remove the hair, but they will leave your skin smooth and silky.
We’re certain that after reading our facial wax strips reviews and the short buying guide we prepared, you’ll be able to determine which model is the best for your needs.
- HUINI Facial & Body Wax Strips
- Dimensions: 8 x 5.5 x 1.5 inches
- Pack : 80 cloths *2
- Features : Sanitary and disposable
- Fantasea 100 Facial And Body Strips
- Dimensions: 3 x 1.5 x 11.5 inches
- Pack : 50 small 50 large
- Features : Non Woven
- Tifara Large Body And Facial Strips
- Dimensions: 3 x 9 inches
- Pack : 100
- Features : Strips do not contain wax / all soft hair removal waxes
- GiGi Large Epilating Strips
- Dimensions: 3.5 x 3 x 9 inches
- Pack : 100
- Features : One of the best product for professional usage
- Tifara Beauty 3” Facial Wax Strip Roll
- Dimensions: 3 inches
- Pack : 100
- Features : Non-Woven / Does not contain wax
Top Facial Wax Strips
1. HUINI Facial & Body Wax StripsThe facial and body wax strips produced by HUINI are made out of a high-quality non-woven fabric that will help you in the depilatory waxing process. The wax strip is convenient and sanitary, and it can be used by both professionals in spas or home users. This pack contains 160 wax strips you can apply anywhere on your body.
The wax strips are easy to use. You just have to apply the fabric cloth to the area you wish to remove the hair from after you spread the hot wax. Make sure you press the fabric firmly against the skin. The wax sticks well on the strips, and you will remove all the hair along with the wax when you remove the strips. Tear starting at the bottom of the strip, and dispose of the strips after use.
- No Wax Bleed – These are high-quality strips, and they won’t allow the wax to bleed through them. They adhere completely to your skin, and won’t leave any rough patches.
- Big – While most people would consider having big wax strips a disadvantage, some don’t like to spend extra time cutting them down to the size they want.
2. Fantasea 100 Facial And Body StripsThe 100 wax strips produced by FantaSea come in two different sizes. 50 of them are large, so you can use them to remove the hair on your arms or legs, and the other 50 are small, so you can use them on your face without cutting them into another shape. The large strips are 3” wide and just under 9” long, and the small ones are just over 1” wide and 5” long.
The strips are made out of a non-woven cloth, and they are simple to use. They adhere to the wax with ease, and all you have to do is make sure you cover all the surface you remove the hair from with wax and strips. Once you tear the strips away, you can dispose of them
- Two Sizes – The strips come in two sizes, so you don’t have to cut them as you would other models.
- Thick – These wax strips are slightly thicker than other models, so they might take more time to adhere to the wax. This might not be a problem for some people, but it can be for others.
3. Tifara Large Body And Facial StripsThe large wax strips produced by Tifara come in three types of packs. The first one has 100 strips, the second 250, and the third 1000 wax strips. All the strips have the same size, and they’re 3” wide and 9” long.
These large wax strips are made out of a non-woven cloth. They are perfect to use for soft hair removal, and they can be used by both professionals or amateurs. The strips are very strong and resistant, and they won’t tear or shred to pieces when you pull them.
The strips are too large to use directly on your face, but you can cut them down to the size you want. The thickness of the strips allows you to use them for more than once. A single strip can be used for up to 5 pulls.
- Reusable – A single wax strip can be used for more than one pull. The same strip can be used for up to 5 pulls, so you can use the same pack of strips for a longer time.
- Thick – The wax strips are thick, and that means you can reuse them for another pull. Unfortunately, that also means you’ll have to apply some pressure for them to stick to the wax.
4. GiGi Large Epilating StripsThese epilating strips are made out of a non-woven cloth that will adhere to the wax easily. One pack of strips contains large pieces. A large strip has a width of 3” and a length of 9”. The strips can be easily cut down to the size you need, so you can adjust them with scissors.
These cloth strips can be used with good results by both professionals and home users. They adhere to the wax quickly, and they will remove all the hair when you pull the strip from your skin. The strips are suitable for every part of your body, but you will have to adjust them to fit tighter spots.
- Gentle On The Skin – These wax strips are gentler on the skin than other models. This will be very helpful for people who have sensitive skin. They don’t let the wax bleed through them, and they adhere well to your skin.
- Cloth Becomes Unraveled – The cloth can become unraveled when you cut it, so make sure you adjust the strips’ sizes some time before you wax.
5. Tifara Beauty 3” Facial Wax Strip RollThis body and facial wax strip is 3” wide and 100 yards long. The wax strip is rolled, so you can pull exactly the length of strip you want and cut it with scissors. The strips are made out of high-quality non-woven material, and they can be used with any type of soft hair removal wax.
These wax strips are very strong. They are thick and durable, and they can be used for every part of your body. The thickness of the strips will ensure that they won’t separate or tear during the waxing process. Thanks to the strip’s thickness, you can also use the same strip for multiple pulls. One strip can last of 5 or even more pulls.
- Good Deal – The 100-yard long roll will last for a very long time. You can even use the roll in a professional salon with good results. The roll doesn’t cost much, so it’s really a good deal.
- Spend Time Adjusting – This wax strip comes as a roll, so you will have to pull it out and adjust it every time you want to use it. This might be a disadvantage for some people.
Why Should You Use Facial Wax Strips?
People have a lot of different reasons why they don’t like waxing. Some of them complain that waxing is painful, some complain it’s messy, while others simply believe it’s inefficient. It doesn’t really matter if they tried waxing only once, some people just exclude this procedure when it comes to grooming.
There are many reasons why you should give facial waxing a try. In the following section, we provide some examples of how waxing is better than other hair removal alternatives.
- Long Lasting Effect – Waxing your facial hair can offer a smooth skin that lasts somewhere between two weeks and a month. This longevity cannot be beaten by any other hair removing process except pulling the hair using tweezers, but that process is longer and more painful.
- Very Easy Process – Waxing your facial hair is very easy and very efficient. You only have to apply the wax strips and remove them, and you will no longer have facial hair. What can be easier than that?
- Good For All Types Of Hair – Waxing is good for both peach fuzz and coarse hairs. You won’t have to use another hair removing procedure for one type of hair or another. Just use the wax strips to remove the hair from your upper lips, chin, sideburns, and so on. You can use them for your eyebrows as well, even though you can use tweezers for that just as efficiently.
- Cheap – Facial wax strips are not expensive. In fact, they are really cheap. And the best part is, some of them are wider and longer than you need, so you can simply cut them down to the size you’re looking for, and they’ll last even longer.
- Easy To Store – Facial wax strips are really easy to store, and they won’t take up too much space. You can put them in a drawer, on the bathroom counter, and you can take them anywhere you go.
How Can You Find An Efficient Facial Wax Strip?
As you could see from our short facial wax strips reviews, not all strips are identical. In fact, there are certain differences between them that make some of them better than others. In the following section, we present some of the characteristics you should be looking for if you want to find the best facial wax strip.
There is more than one type of facial strips. Some of them use cold wax, while others are only suited for the hot wax application. The only similarity between them is that they’re both used to remove hair. Each has its own advantages, as you can see in the following section.
- Cold Wax – Cold wax is pre-applied on the waxing strips before you buy them. To use cold wax strips, you only have to take them out of their protective cover, apply them on your face, press in the direction of the hair’s growth, and pull quickly in the opposite direction.
One of the major advantages of using cold strips was is that they’re less messy than the hot wax ones. In fact, waxing with cold wax strips is very clean, and you only have to throw away the strips’ protective cover.
One of the major disadvantages cold wax strips have is that they’re not very efficient. The cold wax does not tighten on the hairs, so you might need to apply the strips multiple times over a single area to remove all the hair. Another disadvantage is the thin residue that’s left on the skin after the application.
Cold wax strips work better with peach fuzz, but they’re not very effective when it comes to removing coarse hair.
- Hot Wax – Removing your hair with hot wax requires melted wax. The melted wax is applied over the hairy area while it’s still warm, and you have to spread it thinly and evenly over the surface. You then have to apply a waxing strip on top of it. When the melted wax cools, it grips every individual hair strand in a tight lock. One of the advantages of using warm wax is that your skin pores open to the heat, so the wax grips the hair strands closer to the roots. When you pull out the waxing strips, the wax takes all the hair strands with it.
Thanks to the hot wax’s tighter grip on the hair strands, this process is more effective and it can be used with good results for both short and long hair. Hot wax also works great on both peach fuzz and coarse hair. Most of the times, you won’t have to apply multiple straps on the same area to remove all the hair.
One of the disadvantages of using hot wax is that the whole process can be a little messy. You will have to spend some time cleaning after yourself. Another disadvantage is that you will need a bit of training or experience to remove the hair properly by yourself.
The width of the wax strips will influence how easy you can use them on your face. Some wax strips can be narrow so you’ll be able to use them directly on your face, while others can be really wide, so you will have to cut them down to the right size.
When it comes to width, cold wax strips are usually better suited for your face. More cold wax manufacturers design their products with facial applications in mind than hot wax manufacturers, so you will be able to find more brands that produce narrow strips.
However, you shouldn’t consider the width of a strip a disadvantage. You can actually consider it an advantage, as you can cut a single strip and adjust it for multiple uses. This is actually a great way to save money when you’re buying facial wax strips
The length of the wax strips can vary wildly. Some manufacturers produce strips that are only 3 or four inches long, while others produce large strips that can be 9 inches long, or even 100 yards long.
As it was the case with the width of the strips, their length can also influence how you can use them. Short strips are easier to apply directly on your face, and you won’t have to waste time cutting them down to the length you want. Cold wax facial strips will most often than not be shorter than hot wax strips.
The length of the strip is not necessarily a disadvantage, as a pack of large strips will most likely last for a longer time than a pack of short ones. Some manufacturers offer really good deals if you want to buy more wax strips, so one of the best deals currently available on the market is for the 100-yard roll of wax strips.
- Ease Of Use
There can be no doubt that cold wax strips are easier to use than hot wax ones. To use a cold wax strip, you only have to make sure you cut it down to the necessary length and width, remove its protective cover, apply it on the hairy surface, and then pull against the direction of the hair growth. When it comes to waxing, it can’t be easier than that.
Hot wax strips are more difficult to use. First of all, you can’t use them on their own, you have to buy a hot wax as well. After you buy a wax, you will have to warm it up until it melts. Then, you have to pick it up with a spatula and spread it thinly and evenly on the hairy surface. You will have to take the hot wax strips and apply them to the warm wax before it cools. Depending on the strips’ thickness, you might need to apply some pressure to make sure the wax adheres firmly to the strips. After the wax cools down, you have to pull sharply in the opposite direction of the hair’s growth.
When it comes to efficiency, there can be only one winner, and that’s the hot wax. Hot wax is messier, more difficult to use, but it’s definitely more efficient than the cold wax.
The warm wax will remove most hairs from a single pull. And it gets even better. Some hot wax strips are very resistant, so you can reuse them for multiple pulls, whether on the same spot or on a different one. After you remove the hair using hot wax, the skin will remain smooth for a very long time. Some people have to remove the hair again after as long as 6 weeks.
Even though it’s not as efficient as the hot wax, cold wax can be used with good results as well. You might have to place more than one strip of cold wax on the same hairy surface to make sure all the hair is gone, but you can remove all of it nonetheless. If your hair is coarse, you might need to apply cold wax strips for multiple times before you get rid of it, and that might lead to a small irritation of the skin. To prevent and counter an inflammation, you can use a soothing cream on that surface after the waxing.
The cost of the hair removing process can be very different depending on what you use. At a first glance, epilating with cold wax seems much cheaper than using hot wax, but appearances can be deceitful. Here’s why.
- Cold wax strips are not necessarily cheaper than hot wax ones, but you don’t have to spend money on wax.
- Even though cold wax strips are cheaper, you might need more to remove the hair in a single area of your skin. If you’re using the hot wax strips, you can actually apply them more than once and still remove hair.
- Hot wax strips can be cut down in size, and a single pack can last for a very long time. A jar of wax also lasts for a long time if you know how to use it.
Best Facial Wax Strips Comparison Chart
|HUINI Facial & Body Wax Strips||8 x 5.5 x 1.5 inches||80 cloths *2||Sanitary and disposable|
|Fantasea 100 Facial And Body Strips||3 x 1.5 x 11.5 inches||50 small 50 large||Non Woven|
|Tifara Large Body And Facial Strips||3 x 9 inches||100||Strips do not contain wax / all soft hair removal waxes|
|GiGi Large Epilating Strips||3.5 x 3 x 9 inches||100||One of the best product for professional usage|
|Tifara Beauty 3” Facial Wax Strip Roll||3 inches||100||Non-Woven / Does not contain wax|
There’s no doubt that waxing is the most efficient way of removing your facial hair. As you could see from our short facial wax strips reviews, they are not expensive, and they produce good results.
If you’re not trained or experienced in using hot wax facial strips, you might want to leave them to the professionals. After all, the best facial wax strips you can find are those that will do their job with minimal effort.