- 1 Top Products For Ingrown Hair
- 2 Ingrown Hair Serum and Tweezers Buying Guide
- 3 How To Choose The Best Tweezers
- 4 Best Ingrown Hair Serums, Tweezers Comparison Chart
- 5 Wrap Up
Ingrown hairs can really be a nuisance, and they can ruin your fresh-groomed look. Worse, they can look like small red bumps and ruin your bikini line during the warm season. To make sure you get rid of all the ingrown hairs, you should use an ingrown hair serum and remove them using tweezers.
Finding the best ingrown hair serums might seem complicated when you see the sheer amount of models currently available on the market. We’re certain that after reading our short reviews and detailed buying guide, you’ll be able to find the best model for your type of skin.
The best tweezers for ingrown hair are those that allow you to grab hold and pull even the finest of stray hairs. In the following article, we present the best tweezers that come at a decent price.
- Tend Skin - The Skin Care Solution
- Size : 8 Ounce
- Dimensions: 6 x 5 x 4 inches
- Ingredients : Isopropyl Alcohol, Water, Propylene Glycol, Acetylsalicylic Acid, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin
- Kerah Lane Organic Treatment Serum
- Size : 8 Ounce
- Dimensions: 0.8 x 0.8 x 2.9 inches
- Ingredients : Citrus Limonum Essential Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin
- PFB Vanish Gel For Ingrown Hair
- Size : 93 grams
- Dimensions: 2.4 x 2.4 x 8.3 inches
- Ingredients : SDA-40B, Isopropyl Alcohol, Purified Water, Acetyl Salicylic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Cylomethicone Glycerin, Hydroxypropylcellulose, Camphor Oil, Salicylic Acid, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid
- TweezerGuru Professional Slant Tip Tweezers
- Size : 0.3 ounces
- Dimensions: 3.8 x 0.4 x 0.2 inches
- Made : Stainless steel
- Majestic Bombay Surgical Tweezers
- Size : 0.6 ounces
- Dimensions: 4.3 x 0.4 x 0.4 inches
- Made : Stainless steel
- TweezerGuru Precision Tweezers
- Size : 0.3 ounces
- Dimensions: 4.3 x 0.4 x 0.4 inches
- Made : Stainless steel
Top Products For Ingrown Hair
1 Tend Skin – The Skin Care SolutionWhenever you shave or wax your body hair, you risk irritating your skin. The skin care solution produced by Tend Skin minimizes this risk. If you want to get rid of your body hair and experience the best results, you just have to make sure you apply the solution before and after shaving.
This solution will improve the appearance of ingrown hairs, so it will improve your skin’s appearance after the shaving or waxing. You can just apply the solution before and after the shave, but if you want to benefit from all its effects, you should apply it twice a day, even when you’re not shaving or waxing. This will leave your skin supple and calm.
- Very Efficient – This solution is very efficient, and it will improve the aspect of your skin. The solution can be used after every hair removing procedure, whether it’s shaving, waxing, electrolysis, or laser. The solution can also be used with good results by men.
- Pricey – Even though this is one of the best skin care solutions on the market, it does come at a steeper price than other products.
2 Kerah Lane Organic Treatment SerumThe organic treatment produced by Kerah Lane comes in a user-friendly container that will allow you to apply the solution with ease. The solution is suitable for all types of skin, whether it’s oily, dry, or sensitive.
This serum is made out of natural and organic ingredients, and it doesn’t contain paraben or alcohol, making it more suitable for sensitive skin than other products. The solution provides a mild exfoliation, and it will improve the skin’s aspect by removing the dead skin pores.
The serum should be applied directly on the wet skin. If your skin is very sensitive, you can apply the solution and then rinse it.
- Good For The Whole Body – This organic solution doesn’t contain any alcohol, so you can apply it all over your body. The serum can be applied on your legs, groin, bikini line, and even more sensitive areas, like your neck or your face. The solution can be used by both women and men
- Smell Could Be Improved – The solution doesn’t smell too good. The odor is not bad either, but it could definitely be improved.
3 PFB Vanish Gel For Ingrown Hair
The PFB Vanish gel comes in an ergonomic container. The container has a roll-on head that will make applying the gel easier after each waxing or shaving. The gel will offer relief of razor burns and ingrown hairs.
This gel softly exfoliates the skin cells and makes the ingrown hairs rise above the skin where you can shave or wax them. If you want to experience the best results using this gel, you should apply it twice a day for at least two days before the hair removal. After the removal process, you should apply the gel daily to prevent skin irritation.
The gel can be used on your whole body, and it contains alcohol which will prevent any inflammation and provide relief.
- Good Exfoliation – This gel provides a good and thorough exfoliation. The exfoliation process will reveal the ingrown hairs, so you will be able to shave or wax them without any problems.
- Stings – Due to its alcohol concentration, the gel stings a little after you apply it. This can be a disadvantage for people with sensitive skin. If you want to prevent skin irritation after the exfoliation, you should use a moisturizer.
4 TweezerGuru Professional Slant Tip TweezersWhenever you shave your body hair, you risk missing a few stray hairs. Hair can grow wildly sometimes, and some stray hairs might be longer and thicker than the rest of your body hair. To make sure you remove every last single hair, even the strays, you need a good pair of tweezers.
The slant tip tweezers produced by TweezerGuru can be used by both men and women. These tweezers have a calibrated tension that will provide a better control over your movements. The slant tip design will allow you to remove your eyebrow or body hair one by one or in groups. Both tips have exactly the same length, so you will be able to handle the tweezers with ease. The stainless steel tip design is very durable, and you will be able to use these tweezers for a long time.
- Sleek Design – The sleek design of the tweezers will allow you to store them easily. Whether you store them on the bathroom counter or in a kit, the tweezers won’t take up too much space.
- Sharp – Having a sharp pair of tweezers might be an advantage for most people, but it also means you’ll have to be more careful when handling them.
5 Majestic Bombay Surgical TweezersThe surgical tweezers produced by Majestic Bombay have pointed stainless steel tips. These tweezers are sharp, and you will have to be careful when handling them. Unlike other tweezers models currently on the market, this model comes with perfectly aligned tips. This will allow you to handle the tweezers with ease, and you won’t have any problems with removing stray hairs.
The tweezers offer a strong grip, so you can use them for every task that needs precision, from trimming your eyebrows and body hair to removing splinters from your hands or feet. The strong grip will improve your ability to remove the smallest of hairs.
- Lifetime Guarantee – These tweezers come with a lifetime guarantee. If you don’t like them, or you can’t use them comfortably, you can simply return the product for a refund or change it for another one.
- Narrow Tips – These tweezers have narrow tips, so it will be difficult to grab large things using them. However, the narrow tips make them very effective at grabbing small and fine things, such as splinters or small hairs.
6 TweezerGuru Precision TweezersThe precision tweezers produced by TweezerGuru have narrow pointed tips. These tips are sharp, and they’re perfect for grabbing small and delicate things, such as stray hairs or even splinters. The tweezers can be used by both women and men, and they are great for eyebrow grooming.
The tweezers come with a small plastic cap that will protect the tips if you accidentally drop them. The tips are made out of stainless steel, and they’re perfectly aligned, so you’ll be able to handle the tweezers with ease.
These tweezers have a calibrated tension, so they will be very easy to use. The tension will allow you to grab anything easier than you would when using other models.
- Precision Plucking – The tweezers are very narrow and sharp, so you can use them with great results for precision plucking. If you usually have problems trimming your eyebrows, you could use these tweezers successfully.
- Caps Are Transparent – These tweezers come with a transparent protection cap. The cap does a good job at protecting the steel tips, but it would have been better if it had a different color. Being transparent, the caps are easy to lose.
Ingrown Hair Serum and Tweezers Buying Guide
There are a lot of ingrown hair serums and tweezers on the market, so finding the best one might not be as simple as it seems. All the serums and the tweezers are advertised as being the most efficient on the market, but can you really believe the ads? In the following section, we take a closer look at how good serums and tweezers differentiate from the bad.
How To Choose The Best Ingrown Hair Serum
Ingrown hair can really be a nuisance, especially during the warm season when you wear lighter clothes. Getting rid of it and reducing the inflammation it produces can be a long process, but using a good serum can shorten the period and make it more comfortable. Every serum has its own characteristics, but even so, the best ones have some things in common.
- Ease Of Appliance
One of the most important characteristics of a serum is how easy it is to use it. Even if the serum is very effective, you might not choose to use it frequently if the process is messy, or if the solution is oily and difficult to wash off.
Most manufacturers try to make their products user-friendly, and they manage to do so in various ways, usually using smart containers.
- Simple Tubes – These containers are easy and straightforward to use. You simply pour some solution in your hand, then you spread it where it’s needed. The containers can either be colored or transparent so you can see how much solution is left after an application.
If the serum comes in a simple tube, it needs to be easy to apply and wash off. Nobody feels comfortable having an oily substance on their hands.
- Spray Tubes – Some solutions come in spray-like tubes. Instead of pouring the substance in your hand, you can simply spray it where you need it. This makes the application process smoother, and most often cleaner.
Serums that come in a spray tube usually don’t have to be washed off, and they’ll enter your skin quickly. However, if you know you have a very sensitive skin, you should still rinse off after a couple of minutes or so.
- Roll-On Sticks – Some ingrown hair serum manufacturers really got creative when it came to storing their substances in containers. Instead of using a normal container, they used roll-on sticks. These sticks have a roll-on head which will spread the solution directly against your skin where you need it. This makes the serum easy to apply, and you won’t have to rinse it off unless you have sensitive skin.
You might be wondering what differentiates the good ingrown hair serums from the bad. Well, to understand that, you need to know how they work.
- First of all, these serums act as an exfoliating cream. They exfoliate your dead skin so the ingrown hairs will be closer to the surface. Most manufacturers recommend using the serum for at least twice a day for two days before the hair removing process, and that’s because a fair amount of dead skin has to be exfoliated to reveal the ingrown hairs. If you exfoliate enough skin, the tip of the hair will exit the skin, and you’ll be able to remove it.
- Second, these creams also play a crucial role in reducing the inflammation caused by the ingrown hairs. When they grow under the skin, the hairs trigger an immune response from your body, which tries to eliminate them as it would a splinter. This creates an inflammation that should push the hair towards the surface of the skin, only that doesn’t happen as it would with a small splinter. The serum lowers the inflammation, making your skin smoother and having a relief effect.
- Third, the serums act as a protective agent against further inflammation after you remove the hair. This will lower the chances of your skin getting red and itchy after you remove the hair, and it keeps the skin nice and smooth.
Effective ingrown hair serums have active ingredients that will help with all the steps of the process. They will remove a good amount of dead skin without causing a rash or a major discomfort. They will reduce the inflammation caused by the ingrown hairs, and they will also protect your skin against further inflammation.
Since you use the serum directly on your skin, finding a product that feels good, and makes your skin feel good in turn is very important. Ingrown hairs can feel uncomfortable, and they tend to be itchy and red. Not only will a good serum reduce the inflammation, but it will make your skin feel good as well.
You might not notice it at first, but efficient ingrown hair serums make your skin smoother after they exfoliate it, and you don’t feel any discomfort in the process. People who have sensitive skin might want to rinse the solution off their skin after appliance to lower the chances of prompting an inflammation.
If your skin is sensitive, you should look for a product that doesn’t contain alcohol. While alcohol is still one of the most efficient substances at keeping irritation at bay, it can lead to inflammation on the sensitive skin.
Cost is a factor you have to take into account when you’re looking for an ingrown hair serum. Keep in mind that’s better to apply the serum at least twice a day for two days before the hair removal process, and that you should apply it for the day or two after the process is done. This means you’ll rub a good amount of serum into your skin every time you want to shave or wax, so the solution might run out sooner than you expect.
However, you should also consider that some expensive serums are simply better than cheaper ones, and using them will have more beneficial effects.
How To Choose The Best Tweezers
Choosing the best tweezers can really be complicated these days, especially considering that most of them come at a similar small price. You can’t differentiate between them based on the price alone, so what else is there to look for in tweezers?
Plucking stray hairs can seem a daunting challenge by itself, let alone when you’re using a bad pair of tweezers. It doesn’t matter if your eyesight is a good as an eagle’s and you can spot every single stray hair in your eyebrows if you can’t grip it with the tweezers.
Tweezers that have a lousy grip are worse than not having tweezers at all. One of the most important features tweezers have is the tension between the arms. If the tension is well calibrated, you will be able to handle the tweezers with ease, so you will grab even the smallest of things.
The grip on the tweezers can be enhanced with small ridges or checkered surfaces, but their grip cannot be adjusted. Tweezers can either grip something or they can’t, and you cannot do anything else than changing the model.
The tweezers can have many types of tips, but only two main ones. Some of them come with slant tips, while others use pointed tips. Both types of tips are good, but they are better for different tasks.
- Slanted Tips – Slanted tips are better for plucking more than one hair at once. You can use them to grab more stray hairs and remove them in one smooth motion. These tips are still able to grab small and fine objects, such as splinters or single hairs, but they’re not as good as the pointed tip models at these tasks.
Slanted tip tweezers are easier and faster to use. They allow you to have a better view on what you’re doing, and they make pulling the hair in the growth direction easier. They are better for people who like to hold the tweezers as they would a pen.
- Pointed Tips – Also known as micro tips, precision tips, or surgical tips, pointed tips are perfect for precision tweezing. They can grab small and fine stray hairs in your eyebrows without any problem, and they can even be used with good results for removing splinters from your hands and feet.
Pointed tip tweezers are very good at removing blackheads and cleansing your pores. They can be used with very good effects for removing ingrown hairs, and they can reach in the tightest of spaces. They are ideal for removing single hairs.
This type of tweezers can enter your skin easier than other models, so make sure you disinfect before and after every use. You can insert the tip into your skin to grab the ingrown hairs and blackheads with ease.
- Arm Length
The length of the tweezers’ arms determines how easily you can hold and wield them. The longer the arms, the harder it will be to grab small individual objects, but the better leverage you’ll have.
Depending on the task you’re most likely to use the tweezers for, you can opt to buy a longer or a shorter pair. However, no matter how long or short the tweezers are, you should make sure that both arms have an equal length.
Poor quality tweezers can have an arm longer than the other, and that will make them inefficient. You won’t be able to grab anything with them, and the arm tension won’t be properly calibrated.
Best Ingrown Hair Serums, Tweezers Comparison Chart
|PRODUCT||SIZE||DIMENSIONS||INGREDIENTS / MADE|
|Tend Skin - The Skin Care Solution||8 Ounce||6 x 5 x 4 inches||Isopropyl Alcohol, Water, Propylene Glycol, Acetylsalicylic Acid, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin|
|Kerah Lane Organic Treatment Serum||8 Ounce||0.8 x 0.8 x 2.9 inches||Citrus Limonum Essential Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin|
|PFB Vanish Gel For Ingrown Hair||93 grams||2.4 x 2.4 x 8.3 inches||SDA-40B, Isopropyl Alcohol, Purified Water, Acetyl Salicylic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Cylomethicone Glycerin, Hydroxypropylcellulose, Camphor Oil, Salicylic Acid, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid|
|TweezerGuru Professional Slant Tip Tweezers||0.3 ounces||3.8 x 0.4 x 0.2 inches||Stainless steel|
|Majestic Bombay Surgical Tweezers||0.6 ounces||4.3 x 0.4 x 0.4 inches||Stainless steel|
|TweezerGuru Precision Tweezers||0.3 ounces||4.3 x 0.4 x 0.4 inches||Stainless steel|
As you could see in the previous article, ingrown hair doesn’t have to be a problem. You can simply use a serum and some tweezers and get rid of them as soon as they appear. We’re certain that after reading the article, you now have a clear idea on what differentiates the best ingrown hair serums from the bad. And even if you use the serums, you would be doing yourself a disfavor if you don’t choose the best tweezers for ingrown hair removal. These tweezers will allow you to grab the tiniest ingrown hair and remove it smoothly. Smooth Skin Lab.