- 1 7 Best Electric Shavers for Women (Updated List)
- 1.1 1. Brori Electric Razor for Women
- 1.2 2. Panasonic ES2207P Electric Shaver for Women
- 1.3 3. Sminiker Professional Version Ladies Electric Razor
- 1.4 4. SaikerMan Electric Shaver for Women
- 1.5 5. Philips SatinShave Essential Women’s Electric Shaver
- 1.6 6. Remington Smooth & Silky Electric Shaver for Women
- 1.7 7. Braun Silk-épil LS5160WD Lady Shaver
- 2 Types of Electric Shavers
- 3 Foil Shaver vs. Rotary Shaver
- 4 How to Choose the Best Electric Shaver for Women?
- 5 Tips on Using an Electric Shaver
- 6 Is it Better to Shave Wet or Dry with an Electric Razor?
- 7 How to Maintain Your Electric Shaver?
- 8 Can a Woman Use a Man’s Electric Razor?
- 9 Electric Shavers vs. Disposable Razors – Which One is Better for Women?
- 10 Can I Shave Pubic Hair?
- 11 Is It Safe to Shave Pubic Hair?
- 12 How to Shave Your Bikini Area?
- 13 Best Electric Shavers for Women Comparison Chart
- 14 Wrap Up
When it comes to electric shavers for women, there are so many different products out there that sometimes it’s hard to tell which is offering better value. This guide will be helpful to narrow down your best electric shaver for women choices. Whether you’ve used electric shavers before, or are looking to make your first ever purchase, it’s certainly worth reading some tips, tricks, and our electric shaver reviews for women so you can find the right one for you.
Out of every product on the market, from the top to the bottom of the price range, we have collected a final top pick of just 7 of our favorites, and here they are;
Brori Electric Razor for Women
|View On Amazon|
Panasonic ES2207P Electric Shaver for Women
|View On Amazon|
Sminiker Professional Version Ladies Electric Razor
|View On Amazon|
SaikerMan Electric Shaver for Women
|View On Amazon|
Philips SatinShave Essential Women’s Electric Shaver
|View On Amazon|
Remington Smooth & Silky Electric Shaver for Women
|View On Amazon|
Braun Silk-épil LS5160WD Lady Shaver
|View On Amazon|
7 Best Electric Shavers for Women (Updated List)
1. Brori Electric Razor for Women
On top of our electric shavers for women list comes Brori electric razor. This incredibly low-noise shaver features a 3 in 1 shaving head with high speed and sharp blades. The straight blade has been designed to work on the arms and legs while the curved blade fits perfectly to your armpits and knees and the bikini area. Brori also features a 3D floating foil for trimming stubble. Furthermore, the hypoallergenic, stainless steel blades combined with the floating foil ensure a safe shave by allowing optimum contact with the skin and minimum irritation.
Brori electric razor is both for wet and dry use meaning that you can shave in the shower. It is completely water-resistant and washable. Moreover, its sure-grip handle allows for complete control over it even when wet. Brori also comes with a built-in light. Hence, you will not miss even the thinnest and tiniest of unwanted hairs in the hardest to reach areas of your body.
Brori electric razor for women is a cordless device that can run up to 60 minutes before recharging. 60 minutes is actually a very good time for cordless use. It is more than enough for a whole body shaving. You can recharge it either via its charging stand or by connecting it to a power source by its USB cable. In addition, Brori comes with a trimming guide comb, a cleaning brush and a carry bag for easy storage.
One thing about Brori electric razor is that you cannot use it on your face. Thus, if you are looking for something to shave your chin or upper lip hair with, this is not the one for you.
2. Panasonic ES2207P Electric Shaver for Women
Second up on our review list for the best women’s electric shavers is the Panasonic ES2207P. Whether you’re a home grooming amateur or a seasoned pro, this entry price model from the very reliable Panasonic is a really strong contender for the best all-rounder. Especially, for value for money.
The wet/dry shaver is far from basic, though. There are plenty of handy features and functions on offer from this model. First of all, it works when wet, making all over shaving much less of a chore. It’s even fully submersible, so it will be easy to clean.
The three heads can float up and down independently, meaning that you have triple the chance of catching all the unwanted hairs in a single stroke, even if they’re at different angles, lengths, and heights. The blades are hypoallergenic and made from stainless steel for good sharpness and for longevity. Furthermore, the device features a handy pop-up trimmer. It can be used as a bikini trimmer to create a silky smooth bikini line.
The battery life on this model is not quite what pricier models offer. You still get over 20 minutes of use from a full charge, though. That is more than enough for a single grooming session. Plus, if the charge does run out, it works with a power cable too.
3. Sminiker Professional Version Ladies Electric Razor
Sminiker Professional Version Ladies Electric Razor is a 4 in 1 device that comes with a 3 in 1 shaver head, precise shaving head, trimming head and a facial cleansing brush. It is suitable for all body including arms, legs, armpits, bikini line and facial hair. Its unique open blade system guides hair into the blades for an extremely efficient and smooth shave.
The 3 in 1 shaver features two straight shaving blades on both sides with a shaving foil in the middle. It is perfect for a smooth shave of the arms and legs. The precise shaving head is more efficient in curved areas such as the armpits while the trimming head is most suitable for the bikini line. On the other hand, you can do deep pore cleansing on your face via the facial cleansing brush head. Due to its rapid movements, you will see that it is much more effective than a manual facial brush.
Sminiker is 100% waterproof. Therefore, you can use it in the shower and afterward wash it underwater for a quick and thorough cleanup of the device. Plus, you can use it with shaving cream or soap lather without having to worry about damaging the shaver itself. Thanks to its no-slip handle you will have a secure grip over it, even when wet and soapy, too. However, keep in mind that the charger and the cradle are not water-resistant and have to be kept away from water at all times.
Its hypoallergenic foil and blades make Sminiker a perfectly safe shaver. When fully charged, this cordless electric razor can run up to 70 minutes. It is more than enough for a whole body shaving session. As a bonus, Sminiker comes with a manicure set but some users have commented that it is not very high quality. Since what you are really purchasing is the razor, it should not be much of an inconvenience, though.
4. SaikerMan Electric Shaver for Women
The best way of describing the SaikerMan Electric Shaver for Women is perhaps that it is to more traditional electric shavers, what a hoverboard is to a pair of rollerskates! The ergonomic design really turns functionality and design for shavers on their head, literally!
As you’ll know with a traditional shaver you hold the handle vertically and move up and down the area. With SaikerMan electric shaver though, the handle is horizontal, more like your exfoliating brush for example. There are a few advantages of this, the main one is support, comfort, and ease when you’re using the shaver. The reason is rather than a couple of fingers and a thumb to grasp a normal shaver, you now use your whole hand for shaving.
The next innovation is that there are 5 blade disks on the surface empowered by Dynamic Flex Technology. This technology makes the surface area coupled almost 5 times greater than with most shavers. This means you’ll be done in a fraction of the time, taking much of the task out of your home grooming routine! In addition, it features a small hidden trimmer so that you can trim the longer hair first.
SaikerMan electric shaver is both for wet and dry use and can also be used on facial hair. Finally, it comes with a Lithium-ion battery. This means that rather than 20 – 30 minutes of cordless use, with this model you get a crazy 45 minutes of life. One downside of this product is that it is USB charged instead of a wall charger.
5. Philips SatinShave Essential Women’s Electric Shaver
Philips SatinShave Essential Women’s Electric Shaver is a versatile leg and arms shaver offer from Philips which is suitable for both wet and dry usage. It is a really nifty, comfortable, ergonomically designed razor with nice simple features. It has an anti-slip grip for easy use in the shower. There are no speed settings to worry about, the razor automatically speeds up when coming into contact with your hair.
With Philips SatinShave, you will experience less skin irritation, especially if you have sensitive skin. The reason is that it has a hypoallergenic foil which protects your skin from razor burn, rashes and provides you with a more comfortable leg shave.
Philips SatinShave is also perfect for traveling thanks to its compact size. It also comes with a travel cap and a cleaning brush for its maintenance. Plus, it is cordless and battery-powered so you will never have to worry about electricity availability while shaving your legs. One thing the users have complained about is that SatinShave operates a bit loudly. However, as long as it gets the job done, we believe this won’t be much of an inconvenience.
6. Remington Smooth & Silky Electric Shaver for Women
Next up is the Remington WDF5030ACDN. This is another great entry-level electric shaver which feels like you’re getting a lot for your money. It features the Smooth Glide Technology which is a new open-blade cutting system that allows for hair and shaving gels to easily pass through the foils and reach the blades. It is also waterproof for your use in the shower.
Remington WDF5030ACDN is a 4-blade shaver with hypoallergenic foils and trimmers. Plus, it features a flex dual-sided trimmer for longer hair. Both the foils and the trimmer guide hairs towards the blades for more efficiency. Furthermore, there is an almond oil strip on its head for a soft skin after shaving.
This model is cordless and can be used anywhere and at any time to suit your convenience. It also means that you don’t necessarily need to be near a socket for use, which is particularly handy for reaching harder to get places. Remington WDF5030ACDN has a pretty good battery life. The device is rechargeable and it boasts around 30 minutes of use when fully charged, more than enough for most personal home grooming tasks. However, it takes about 20 hours to fully recharge the device.
The handle is slim and easy to hold with grip and in an ergonomic shape. Moreover, it comes with a charger stand, a bikini comb, a head guard and a beauty bag for storage and travel. One negative aspect is that the charging stand takes up more space than a regular charger cord.
7. Braun Silk-épil LS5160WD Lady Shaver
Finally, on our top list is Braun Silk-épil LS5160WD Lady Shaver. This model comes in at a price sitting just above those we’ve looked at so far. So what do you get for the extra investment?
First of all, this model from Braun comes in a little lighter and smaller than other cheaper models. The design is built to fit properly in the hand, with an ergonomic shape, and the head of the razor is rounded to glide smoothly around the curves of a lady’s body.
The blade foil is floated, giving a higher chance of cutting away all your hairs on the first try. The rounder trimmer tips are designed to smoothly mover over your skin without causing any irritation.
The blades are made for all over body use, so there are no limitations to mention with this particular model. Just choose the appropriate attachment and shave away! You can effortlessly use this for your face, legs, and even for the most sensitive areas like the bikini line. Plus, the rounded head makes it ideals for pain-free underarm shaving too. Braun Silk-épil LS5160WD comes with three attachments as follows: The bikini trimmer attachment for gently grooming your bikini line, exfoliation attachment for revitalizing the skin, and the optishave attachment for a close and comfortable wet & dry shave.
Finally, Braun Silk-épil LS5160WD works with 2AA batteries and the first pair of batteries are included in the package for your immediate use.
Types of Electric Shavers
Electric shavers come in two different designs; foil and rotary. Let’s have a closer look at the two and see which principles each work on.
Foil Electric Shaver
Foil shavers feature straight and rectangular-shaped heads with oscillating blades on them. The blades are placed under a foil which is a thin layer of metal in a mesh pattern. This foil protects the skin from direct contact with the sharp blades. The hair is captured close to its root through this mesh as it allows for a close but safe shave. With a foil shaver, you should shave the target area in vertical and horizontal motions.
Rotary Electric Shaver
Rotary electric shavers mostly have 3 circular heads that rotate. Each head features a spinning round cutter that catches and cuts the hair caught by the outer stationary guard of the shaver. In contrast to a foil electric shaver, a rotary shaver should be used in a circular motion.
Foil Shaver vs. Rotary Shaver
Pros of a Foil Shaver
- Foil shavers are very gentle on the skin as the foil sheet protects the skin from the blades as a buffer.
- They give you a precise and close shave since the foils pull the skin taut for the blades to do their job and get as close to the hair roots as possible.
- Foil shavers usually feature combs or trimmers for guiding the hair. They lift the hair for a more efficient shave.
- Foil shavers provide fast shaving as one usually does not need to go over the same area twice.
- They are good at everyday shaving. They give you a close shave and consequently get even the shortest hair to give you a silky smooth skin.
Cons of a Foil Shaver
- Foil shavers are not very good at cutting hairs that grow in different directions.
- They are less precise in curvy areas since their motion is limited by the vertical oscillations of their blades,
- They are usually quite noisy.
Pros of a Rotary Shaver
- Rotary shavers work great with thick and coarse hair.
- They are good with long hair so you probably won’t need to trim you’re a few days long hair before shaving with a rotary shaver.
- Rotary shavers are very precise with even hairs that grow in various directions. The circular motion enables them to get it all.
- Most of them work in a quieter manner when compared to foil shavers.
Cons of a Rotary Shaver
- Rotary shavers will not give you an as close shaving as foil shavers. They are likely to leave some stubble behind unless you go over the same area a few times.
- They might cause some skin irritations for those with sensitive skin.
- Rotary shavers generally operate slower than foil shavers.
How to Choose the Best Electric Shaver for Women?
Foil Shaver or Rotary Shaver?
Foil shavers are better for everyday shavers since they are gentle on the skin and do not tend to cause irritation. Also, they are good at working with fine hair and sensitive skin. The foil shaver is a great fit for hair that grows in one direction and on flat surfaces like arms and legs.
Rotary shavers are better for those with tough skin and coarse hair. They navigate great through the contours of the body and they are efficient on hard to reach curves and spots like armpits. Rotary shavers are better at cutting longer hair so they might be ideal for you in case you do not like shaving very often. Plus, they are efficient at shaving hair that tends to grow in different directions.
Some electric shavers are for only legs and arms while others can be used on other parts of the body such as your face or more sensitive areas. If what you need to do is more than just shaving your legs, you better check in which areas of the body the product can be used for. Otherwise, you will need to purchase different shavers for different purposes and this will both be costly and you will end up with multiple electric shavers taking up all the space in your bathroom.
On the other hand, you may consider using top-notch facial wax strips on your face rather than a shaver for longer-lasting results and finer hair regrowth. In case you are looking for a device specifically for nasal hair check out our nasal hair trimmer for women reviews.
Wet or Dry Use?
Dry only shavers are usually the cheapest option. You can only use these shavers when your skin is completely dry. It is dangerous to attempt to use them whilst you are showering or even in the bathroom. The problem with these shavers is that you can’t simply run them under water to clean them. They need to be dismantled if you want to clean the head with water and usually, your only option is to clean the shaver with a brush.
Cordless or Corded?
Cordless women’s electric shavers are a popular choice for those who like to travel. If you don’t know whether or not you’ll have a power outlet near to where you want to shave, using a cordless shaver can be a good choice. The main problem with using a cordless shaver, however, is that as soon as the charge begins to run out, you’ll notice a drop in power. These kinds of shavers are often less powerful than corded shavers. If you want a reliable shaving experience, you should choose a corded shaver that will deliver powerful performance at all times.
Electric shavers for women are usually designed to have a feminine appeal. They are a little smaller and lighter than men’s shavers so that they can fit better in the female hand. They also have contoured bodies with rubber grips that allow you to get a better hold on the shaver body. The head normally pivots a little so that you can get better access to the curves of your body as you shave. This will allow you to shave every area of your body without difficulty.
Some electric shavers can be quieter than others, but all electric shavers make some noise as they rely on medium frequency vibrations to remove the hairs from your skin. Corded shavers are often a little quieter than cordless ones as they have a little more power and have faster vibrations.
When you buy an electric shaver, you can purchase simply a shaver body with one attachment. Or, you could choose a shaver that has more attachments so that you can customize your shaving experience more. Most electric shavers will come with a storage pouch and a cleaning brush. They will help you keep the shaver clean when you are not using it. Other models come with shaving guards so that you can trim hairs shorter rather than actually shaving. You can also get shavers that have plastic guides that can be fitted over the head. This can help you to shave with more precision.
Ease of Cleaning
Shaving is something that takes up your valuable time. Nobody wants to spend a lot of extra time trying to clean an electric shaver. Most electric razors come with a cleaning brush and some of them can be simply rinsed clean. It may be a good idea to check the cleaning instructions of the device before purchasing to see if it is simple enough or not.
Tips on Using an Electric Shaver
Whether you are new to using an electric shaver or just looking for some tips for more effective shaving, you have come to the right place! It isn’t too tricky to get the hang of it. So, don’t worry. Just follow a few simple steps and you’ll be riding solo in no time. Here are some tips on how to use an electric shaver;
- Firstly you need to get your hands on the perfect electric shaver for you. As you might have seen there is a wide array of choices and plenty of diversity on the market. So, do your research, check out our top list, and pick the one that suits your needs and budget.
- Next, always be sure to read the instruction manual. All shavers work differently. Some may require batteries, other cordless models will have different runtimes. Thus, get to know yours before you use it.
- Once you’re comfortable with how your gizmo works, you’re ready to start your shave. We recommend using your shaver in the shower if waterproof. In the shower, the hairs wash away and clear the way for you to see what you’re doing better. Moreover, moisture also makes it easier for the blades to cut.
- Exfoliate your skin beforehand. That way, you won’t be shaving through a layer of dead skin cells rather than your hair.
- Some recommend using a shaving gel or a cream with an electric shaver, though this isn’t necessary with all, so do be sure to check and follow the steps accordingly.
- Apply the shaver to the areas you want to rid of hair. Each area will need to be handled slightly differently. Whether you’re using for facial hair, underarms, legs, or the bikini area, lightly apply the head and move the blade usually vertically up and down until the hair clears.
- Repeat all over, one body part at a time until the results satisfy you. At this point, you are hair-free for up to 2 weeks. Congrats!
- Do remember that the most important thing is that you have the right machine for your hair needs. If it isn’t recommended with coarse hairs, then perhaps don’t try using the shaver for your pubic area. If you buy a really cheap model, then don’t be surprised if the results take a long time, or are generally poor. So, as long as you get a good quality machine that suits your needs, using it should be relatively easy. Also, you’ll have the hang of it in no time. Do remember if yours is cordless, it’s best to get into a charging routine to make sure it’s always ready when you are.
Is it Better to Shave Wet or Dry with an Electric Razor?
Most of the top quality electric shavers for women on the market allow for both wet and dry use. While dry shaving seems much quicker and more practical, is it the better choice? Well, generally not. One huge step dry shaving lacks when compared to wet shaving is the preparation step and this step is extremely important for your skin health in the long run.
First of all, when you are dry shaving, you actually are shredding your skin. In wet shaving, you dampen your skin beforehand. This leads to the opening of the pores on your skin and softening which allows for the electric shaver to glide smoothly over. Dry shaving, on the other hand, is applied on dry skin which is very open to cuts, razor burns, and razor bumps.
The stinging sensation and the burning sensation that follows it are often results of dry shaving. These are the crying outs of your shredded skin. The only way of getting rid of these sensations is to moisturize the skin. However, if you had done the moisturizing process beforehand like in preparation for wet shaving, you probably would not have experienced these unpleasant sensations.
Cuts, nicks, and razor burns are also often consequences of dry shaving. Products like shaving creams and gels used for wet shaving lubricate the skin and thus minimize the risk of all these consequences. They prepare the base of your skin for the razor so that it will glide easily on your lubricated skin surface. You do not have this great asset in dry shaving, though.
To sum up, we always recommend wet shaving over dry shaving, especially if you have sensitive skin. In case your skin is not easily irritated and you have coarse hair, you can go with dry shaving from time to time. However, remember that wet shaving always treats your skin gentler and better.
If you want to avoid nicks, cuts, and razor burns altogether, you may want to consider using permanent depilatory creams. They are the safest when it comes to damaging your skin.
How to Maintain Your Electric Shaver?
- Overheating – Even with the advanced technologies of top brands, overheating still remains a problem among electric razors. Continuous, excessive use of the device and remaining skin residue are only two of the possible reasons for it. If you notice that your device suddenly heats up excessively, turn it off immediately, check if it is thoroughly clean of any residue and let it rest and cool down. If the problem persists, consider changing the razor head.
- Tapping – Avoid tapping your electric shaver to the side of the sink or any other rough surfaces with the intention of cleaning it. Remember that an electric razor is a device with mechanical parts. Thus, any blows it takes might cause these parts to get damaged or fall apart.
- Trimming – Trying to shave off excessively long hair might damage your electric shaver because long hair is likely to get tangled up in the foils of your shaver. In order to avoid this, trim your hair to a reasonable length before shaving it off.
- Washing – In case your electric shaver is for wet and dry use, you can wash the debris off after each use and this you should do. However, remember to dry your device thoroughly with the help of a towel before putting it away. Leaving it damp in the shower will shorten your shaver’s life because over time rust will start forming around its blades, leaving them dull and less efficient.
- Cleaning – Cleaning your electric razor regularly will ensure a long life cycle for it. Do not let trimmed hair get built up in it for long periods of time, brush them off often. After you make sure that you have gotten rid of all the residue buildup, wash your shaver thoroughly (if it is a waterproof model) and dry it out completely before putting it away.
- Storing – Do not throw away the protective cap that comes with your electric shaver. As the name suggests, it will protect the device from any debris or dampness while it is sitting idle. Always remember to put it on before storing away your electric shaver.
Can a Woman Use a Man’s Electric Razor?
The answer is yes, they can. However, women will most probably not get as effective results with a man’s shaver as with an electric shaver for women. Many women assume that razor blades of electric shavers for men are sharper and better than women’s because men tend to have coarser hair. However, the difference in the razors for two genders and the reason why a woman will not get an efficient shave with a men’s razor does not lie in sharpness. It is all about the shaver’s head, rotation, handle shape and how it fits the contours of the skin.
The reason mainly depends on the difference between the textures of men’s skin and hair and women’s skin and hair. Men mostly have less sensitive skin and much coarser hair when compared to those of women. Women generally have softer skin and thinner hair. Thus, while men need a much closer shave, women do not. The reason is such a close shave is likely to irritate their skin and not eliminate the thin hair, especially the peach-fuzz.
Furthermore, women electric shavers are mostly designed to reach remote and curvy areas of the body such as the armpits and the bikini line. Some of them even come with pop-up bikini trimmers to shorten the hair on the bikini line as a preparation for the shave. You are unlikely to get any of these features with an electric razor for men. Plus, most electric shavers for men are more expensive than those for women. Thus, we do not suggest women use electric shavers for men. Of course, they can get good results if their skin is not sensitive and if they have thick and coarse hair. However, why gamble when you have the device already for your own gender?
Electric Shavers vs. Disposable Razors – Which One is Better for Women?
Why on earth would someone want to spend more money on an electric shaver instead of using a conventional disposable blade? Which one should you prefer, electric shaving or manual shaving? There are, of course, pros and cons of both. Let’s have a look at each of them and see;
First of all, disposable blades are cheaper. However, you will need to renew them more often when compared to an electric shaver as they will go dull. Hence, the cost of disposable blades will add up to a substantial value in the long run. Do not disregard this fact when you think electric shavers are too expensive and try to see the bigger picture.
Most manual razors provide you with a closer shave than an electric razor. They are capable of digging deeper and cutting hairs closer to the skin. Therefore, you will probably need to shave less often when you use a disposable blade. On the other hand, the difference is not huge. What we mean is that a disposable razor will not postpone your next shaving three days instead of the single day an electric shaver provides you. It may save you one day, at most.
Another advantage of manual razors is that, unlike electric shavers, they do not need to be charged or require batteries to operate. In addition to that, they are extremely easy to maintain. All you will need to do is to wash them thoroughly underwater. However, electric shavers are a bit more difficult to maintain. They have more complex setups and as they are electrical devices, after all.
It is much easier to use an electric shaver since the device itself does most of the work whereas you need to be much more careful while using a blade. Due to their ease of use, electric shavers get the job done much quicker, as well. Using a manual blade requires expertise for thoroughness and rapidness. On the contrary, using an electric shaver requires no special talent or experience. Almost everyone can shave thoroughly and fast with an electric razor.
Most electric shavers are both for dry and wet use just like high-quality epilators whereas disposable blades are for wet use only. Unfortunately, this makes blades less practical and more time-consuming. Moreover, disposable blades are more prone to giving one nick and cuts. It is highly unlikely to cut yourself with an electric shaver.
Last but not least, electric shavers are eco-friendlier as they are reusable. Think of all the plastic and metal pieces you throw away each time a disposable blade goes dull. If you are an environmentally conscious person, it is obvious that electric shavers are the ones you should choose for our planet.
Can I Shave Pubic Hair?
One can shave pubic hair. However, one cannot use any shaver for shaving pubic hair. The most important thing is to use a razor that is specifically designed to be used on the bikini line.
The second most important thing is to never use someone else’s shaver to shave your bikini line. As the bikini area is extremely sensitive and open to infection, it is very likely that you will get infected with bacteria in case you use, say your husband’s or a friend’s shaver for your pubic hair. The shaver for the bikini area that you purchase should be solely used by you and should be cleaned thoroughly after each use.
Is It Safe to Shave Pubic Hair?
Letting pubic hair be or removing is a completely personal decision. It actually is not something that affects your overall health and there is not a correct way of doing it. However, once you have decided to get rid of your pubic hair, you start wondering what is the best method of doing it?
Shaving is one of the most popular methods, without a shadow of any doubt. Is it safe to shave pubic hair, though? Well, the short answer is yes. The most dangerous thing about shaving your bikini area is the risk of cutting yourself. Yet, it is still a very safe method as long as you use the right devices and know what you are doing.
As long as you use a high-quality and sharp razor, exfoliate the area and moisturize it after shaving, you will be on the safe side.
How to Shave Your Bikini Area?
- Shaving the bikini area can be difficult for those with sensitive skin. If you don’t follow the correct procedures, you could end up with more razor burn than necessary and could hurt or even damage your skin.
- First of all, you should ensure that you have trimmed the hairs in the bikini area to a manageable length. Long hairs will cause the shaver to tug and hurt the skin. Shaver’s work best on very short hair or stubble.
- You should use a lubricant. Make sure that your bikini shaver allows you to do this, but many are waterproof and can withstand the use of lubricating products. Skin conditioner can be substituted if necessary, but a good shaving oil, foam or cream is best.
- Pull the skin taut, and shave against the growth of the hair. You may need to repeat the pass over the skin more than once to ensure that you get all the hairs and to get the closest possible shave.
- Remember to moisturize well afterward, and clean your shaver to stop it from tarnishing or corroding between uses.
Best Electric Shavers for Women Comparison Chart
|Brori Electric Razor for Women||$$||60 minutes||Wet & Dry||3 razor-sharp blades / Hypoallergenic Painless|
|Panasonic ES2207P Electric Shaver for Women||$||up to 20 minutes||Wet & Dry||Flexible Pivoting Heads / Hypoallergenic Stainless Steel Blades|
|Sminiker Professional Version Ladies Electric Razor||$$||70 minutes||Wet & Dry||Comes with a pratical manicure set / Hypo-allergenic stainless steel blades|
|SaikerMan Electric Shaver for Women||$$||up to 45 minutes||Wet & Dry||Dynamic Flex Technology / Small Hidden Trimmer|
|Philips SatinShave Essential Women’s Electric Shaver||$||up to 30 minutes||Wet & Dry||Hypoallergenic single foil / Safe Shaving system|
|Remington Smooth & Silky Electric Shaver for Women||$$$||30 – 50 minutes||Wet & Dry||Smooth Glide Technology / Hypoallergenic foils|
|Braun Silk-épil LS5160WD Lady Shaver||$$$$||40 – 60 minutes||Wet & Dry||Rounded Trimmer Tips / Exfoliation Attachment|
If you, like so many women, find that manual shaving techniques leave your skin feeling really sore, damaged, and unhealthy, or if you constantly find that it causes redness and irritation, or maybe if you’re affected with both, then we can totally recommend trying an electric shaver instead.
Electric shavers aren’t expensive at all when you consider the cost of buying razors for manual blades over time, or especially if you use disposables.
Once you’ve got your shaver you’ll find that your skin is smoother than ever, and your normal moisturizing and exfoliating routines will be easier, and more effective too.
We hope that our best electric shaver for women reviews have been helpful in finding the most efficient electric razor for yourself. Please check out our ultimate hair removal site for more hair removal products!