- 1 Top 6 Electric Shavers for Women
- 2 How to Choose the Best Electric Shaver for Women?
- 3 Tips on Using an Electric Shaver
- 4 Best Electric Shaver for Women Comparison Chart
- 5 Conclusion
There are so many different products out there, and sometimes it’s hard to tell which is offering better value. This guide will be helpful to narrow down the best electric shaver for women whether you’ve used electric shavers before, or are looking to make your first ever purchase, it’s certainly worth reading some tips, tricks, and electric shaver reviews for women so you can find the right one for you.
Out of every product on the market, from the top to the bottom of the price range we have collected a final top pick of just 6 of our favorites, and here they are.
- Panasonic ES2207P
- PRICE $
- Dimensions : 4.8 x 3 x 11 inches
- Weight : 5.3 ounces
- Functions : • 100% washable • Floating heads • Hypo-allergenic stainless-steel blades
- Remington WDF4840
- PRICE $$
- Dimensions : 3 x 9.2 x 4 inches
- Weight : 10.4 ounces
- Functions : • Four-Blade System • Aloe Vera Strip • Bikini Trimmer Attachment
- Braun Silk Epil Ls5160wd
- PRICE $$$$
- Dimensions : 5.2 x 2.6 x 7.8 inches
- Weight : 10.7 ounces
- Functions : • Rounded Head • Exfoliation Attachment • Bikini Trimmer Attachment
- Panasonic ES2291DT
- PRICE $$$
- Dimensions : 5.9 x 1.8 x 2.1 inches
- Weight : 3.7 ounces
- Functions : • Floating head system • Nickel-free, hypoallergenic blades • Pop-up trimmer
- Philips Satin Shave Essential
- PRICE $
- Dimensions : 5 x 7 x 6 inches
- Weight : 8 ounces
- Functions : • Legs and Arms Shaver • Wet and Dry Use • Cordless Operation • Hypoallergenic Blades
- Butterfly Shaver pro
- PRICE $$$$$
- Dimensions : N / A
- Weight : 1.2 pounds
- Functions : • Cordless and corded operation • Strong motor up to 10500 RPM • 90 Minutes of use on single charge
Top 6 Electric Shavers for Women
1. Panasonic ES2207P Electric Shaver
First up on our review list for the best women’s electric shavers is the Panasonic ES2207P. Whether you’re a home grooming amateur or a seasoned pro, this entry price model from the very reliable Panasonic is a really strong contender for the best all-rounder, especially for value for money.
The wet/dry shaver is far from basic though, and there are plenty of handy features and functions on offer from this model. First up it works when wet, making all over shaving much less of a chore, it’s even fully submersible, so cleaning won’t be any problem either.
The three heads can float up and down independently, meaning that you have triple the chance of catching all the hairs in a single stroke, even if they’re at different angles, lengths, and heights. The blades are hypoallergenic and made from stainless steel for good sharpness and for longevity.
The battery life on this model is not quite what more pricey models offer, but you still get over 20 minutes of usefrom full charge, more than enough for a single grooming session, plus if the charge does run out, it works with a power cable too.
2. Remington WDF4840 Electric ShaverNext up is the Remington WDF4840, this is another great entry level electric shaver which feels like you’re getting a lot for your money.
This model is cordless, harder can be used anywhere and at any time to suit your convenience, it also means that you don’t necessarily need to be near a socket for use, which is particularly handy for reaching harder to get places.
The design comes in only one color option white with purple, and the handle is slim and easy to hold with grip and in an ergonomic shape,plus it’s really lightweight, which is a pro, though it does make this option slightly less resilient than others on offer, none the less this model is still made to last for a good few years of frequent use, so fear not!
This has a pretty good battery life, boasting around 30 minutes of use when fully charged, more than enough for most personal home grooming tasks.
With this shaver from Remington you can shave your whole body, with smooth silky results that don’t discomfort the skin afterward. Additional heads are included for special areas like the bikini line, and we recommend taking advantage of the waterproof casingby making your shave easier by using it in the shower.
3. Braun Silk Epil LS5160WD Women’s Electric ShaverNext on our top list of the best electric razor for women’s legs is Silk Epil shaver from Braun. This model comes in at a price sitting just above those we’ve looked at so far, so what do you get for the extra investment?
Well first off this model from Braun comes in a little lighter, and smaller than other cheaper models. The design is built to fit properly in the hand, with an ergonomic shape, and the head of the razor is rounded to glide smoothly around the curves of a lady’s body.
The blade foil is floated, giving a higher chance of cutting away all your hairs on the first try, and a long hair cutting system inside means that even longer forgotten hairs are no trouble.
The blades are made for all over body use, so there are no limitations to mention with this particular model. Just choose the appropriate attachment and shave away! You can effortlessly use this for your face, legs, and even for the most sensitive areas like the bikini line, plus the rounded head makes it ideals for pain-free underarm shaving too.
The battery also jumps up a little too, on this model with full charge you should get over 40 minutes of life,so no need to plug in between every use, which is handy.
4. Panasonic ES2291DT Electric ShaverHere we have yet another model made compatible for use in the shower or bath from Panasonic, and another great, reliable, long lasting shaver for a really reasonable entry level price.
The dual blade cutting system floats, this means that as the blades vibrate they are free to move around independently, allowing each to maintain the best level of contact with your skin, regardless of the contours that you’re shaving.
Unfortunately unlike many of the options available now, this one does require batteries for use, which can work out to be more costly in the long term, however it’s just one AA battery, and this does free you up for long-term wireless use, which might work out in your favor, and generally will require less charging.
The ladies shaver blades are extra sensitive to the skin, and this model features nickel free, stainless steel, hypoallergenic blades for comfort, and hygiene.
The last feature we want to mention briefly which we here at smooth skin lab love is the ultra small and lightweight design of this model, both the dimensions and the weight are significantly less than even most of the others on this list, making it a fantastic and reliable travel companion.
5. Philips Satin Shave Essential Women’s Electric RazorHere we have a versatile legs and arms shaver offer from Philips which is suitable for both wet and dry usage.
This said it is still a really nifty, comfortable, ergonomically designed razor with nice simple features. It features an anti-slip grip for easy use in the shower. There are no speed settings to worry about, the razer automatically speeds when coming into contact with your hairs.
With Philips Satin Shave, you will experience less skin irritation, especially if you have sensitive skin, since it has a hypoallergenic foil which protects your skin from razor burn, rashes and provides you with a more comfortable leg shave.
Philips Satin Shave is also perfect for traveling thanks to its compact size. Plus, it is cordless and battery powered so you will never have to worry about electricity availability while shaving your legs.
6. Butterfly Shaver Pro Electric ShaverFinally, and quite probably our favourite here at Smooth Skin Lab is the Butterfly Shaver Pro from Skull Shaver. The best way of describing the Butterfly Shaver Pro is perhaps that it is to more traditional electric shavers, what a hoverboard is to a pair of rollerskates! The patented design really turns functionality and design for shavers on their head, literally!
As you’ll know with traditional shaver you hold the handle vertically and move up and down the area. With the Butterfly Shaver though the handle is horizontal, more like your exfoliating brush for example. There are a few advantages of this, the main one is support, comfort, and ease when you’re using the shaver since rather than a couple of fingers and a thumb to grasp a normal shaver, you now use your whole hand for shaving.
The next innovation is that there are 5 blade disks on the surface, making the surface area coupled almost 5 times greater than with most shavers, this means you’ll be done in a fraction of the time, taking much of the routine, out of your home grooming routine!
Finally the Butterfly Shaver Pro comes with a Lithium ion battery,meaning that rather than 2030 minutes of cordless use, with this model you get a crazy 90 minutesof life. As you might expect with all of this, the Butterfly pro does come in a little higher on the price range, but for the use you’ll get out of it in the long term, well worth the investment.
How to Choose the Best Electric Shaver for Women?
There are some features that you can get with an electric razor. Different speeds are sometimes used for if you want to shave a little more gently in some areas. To help you to see the hairs a little better as you shave, there are also many models that come with a light to illuminate the skin in the path of the shaver. Depending on whether you are trimming or shaving the hairs, the shaver will often have a switch on it to allow you to select different modes for shaving.
Electric shavers for women are usually designed to have a feminine appeal. They are a little smaller and lighter than men’s shavers so that they can fit better in the female hand. They also have contoured bodies with rubber grips that allow you to get a better hold on the shaver body. The head normally pivots a little so that you can get better access to the curves of your body as you shave and this will allow you to shave every area of your body without difficulty.
Some electric shavers are for only legs and arms while others can be used on other parts of the body such as your face or more sensitive areas. If what you need to do is more than just shaving your legs, you better check in which areas of the body the product can be used for. Otherwise, you will need to purchase different shavers for different purposes and this will both be costly and you will end up with multiple electric shavers taking up all the space in your bathroom.
Wet Or Dry Use
Dry only shavers are usually the cheapest option. You can only use these shavers when your skin is completely dry and it is dangerous to attempt to use them whilst you are showering or even in the bathroom. The problem with these shavers is that you can’t simply run them under water to clean them. They need to be dismantled if you want to clean the head with water and usually, your only option is to clean the shaver with a brush.
Foil Shaver Or Rotary Shaver
Rotary shavers have rounded blades that turn in 360 degrees and they can also flex. This allows you to get a close shave on difficult to reach areas, for example, they are used on men’s shavers to shave near the nose and at the jawline. Foil shavers are usually used more in women’s shavers as these get a closer shave against large areas of skin such as the legs and arms.
Some electric shavers can be quieter than others, but all electric shavers make some noise as they rely on medium frequency vibrations to remove the hairs from your skin. Corded shavers are often a little quieter than cordless ones as they have a little more power and have faster vibrations.
Cordless Or Corded
Cordless women’s electric shavers are a popular choice for those who like to travel. If you don’t know whether or not you’ll have a power outlet near to where you want to shave, using a cordless shaver can be a good choice. The main problem with using a cordless shaver, however, is that as soon as the charge begins to run out, you’ll notice a drop in power. These kinds of shavers are often less powerful than corded shavers. If you want a reliable shaving experience, you should choose a corded shaver that will deliver powerful performance at all times.
Ease of Cleaning
Shaving is something that takes up your valuable time. Nobody wants to spend a lot of extra time trying to clean their shaver. Most electric razors come with a cleaning brush and some of them can be simply rinsed clean. It may be a good idea to check the cleaning instructions of the device before purchasing to see if it is simple enough or not.
When you buy an electric shaver, you can purchase simply a shaver body with one attachment, or you could choose a shaver that has more attachments so that you can customize your shaving experience more. Most electric shavers will come with a storage pouch and a cleaning brush so that you can keep the shaver clean when you are not using it, but other models come with shaving guards so that you can trim hairs shorter rather than actually shaving. You can also get shavers that have plastic guides that can be fitted over the head. This can help you to shave with more precision.
Tips on Using an Electric Shaver
Whether you’re new to using an electric shaver or just looking for some tips to get your shave done more effectively, you’ve come to the right place! It isn’t too tricky to get the hang of so don’t worry, just follow a few simple steps and you’ll be riding solo in no time.
- Firstly you need to get your hands on the perfect electric shaver for you, as you might have seen there is a wide array of choice, and plenty of diversity on the market, so do your research, check out our top list, and pick the one that suits your needs and budget.
- Next always be sure to read the instruction manual, shavers all work differently, some may require batteries, other cordless models will have different runtimes, so get to know yours before you use it.
- Once you’re comfortable with how your gizmo works, you’re ready to start your shave. We recommend using your shaver in the shower if waterproof, the hairs wash away and clear the way for you to see what you’re doing better, and the moisture also makes it easier for the blades to cut.
- Some shavers recommend using a shaving gel, though this isn’t necessary with all, so do be sure to check and follow the steps accordingly.
- Apply the shaver to the areas you want to rid of hair, each area will need to be handled slightly differently, but whether you’re using for facial hair, underarms, legs, or the bikini area, lightly apply the head and move the blade usually vertically up and down until the hair clears.
- Repeat all over, one body part at a time until you’re satisfied with the results, at this point your hair free for up to 2 weeks. Congrats!
- Do remember that the most important thing is that you have the right machine for your hair needs, if it isn’t recommended with coarse hairs, then perhaps don’t try using the shaver for your pubic area, and if you buy a real cheapy model, then don’t be surprised if the results take a long time, or are generally poor. So long as you get a good quality machine that suits your needs, using it should be relatively easy, and you’ll have the hang of it in no time. Oh and do remember if yours is cordless, it’s best to get into a charging routine to make sure it’s always ready when you are.
Best Electric Shaver for Women Comparison Chart
|Panasonic ES2207P||$||4.8 x 3 x 11 inches||5.3 ounces||• 100% washable • Floating heads • Hypo-allergenic stainless-steel blades|
|Remington WDF4840||$$||3 x 9.2 x 4 inches||10.4 ounces||• Four-Blade System • Aloe Vera Strip • Bikini Trimmer Attachment|
|Braun Silk Epil Ls5160wd||$$$$||5.2 x 2.6 x 7.8 inches||10.7 ounces||• Rounded Head • Exfoliation Attachment • Bikini Trimmer Attachment|
|Panasonic ES2291DT||$$$||5.9 x 1.8 x 2.1 inches||3.7 ounces||• Floating head system • Nickel-free, hypoallergenic blades • Pop-up trimmer|
|Philips Satin Shave Essential||$||5 x 7 x 6 inches||8 ounces||• Legs and Arms Shaver • Wet and Dry Use • Cordless Operation • Hypoallergenic Blades|
|Butterfly Shaver pro||$$$$$||N / A||1.2 pounds||• Cordless and corded operation • Strong motor up to 10500 RPM • 90 Minutes of use on single charge|
If you, like so many women find that manual shaving techniques leave your skin feeling really sore, damaged, and unhealthy, or if you constantly find that it causes redness and irritation, or maybe if you’re affected with both then we can totally recommend trying an electric shaver instead.
Electric shavers aren’t expensive at all when you consider the cost of buying razors for manual blades over time, or especially if you use disposables.
Once you’ve got your shaver you’ll find that your skin is smoother than ever, and your normal moisturizing and exfoliating routines will be easier, and more effective too.
For more information on the best methods for hair removal, click back to our homepage here, and thanks again for reading our best electric shaver for women reviews.